Business Administration: Level 3 Advanced (18 months)
- This is an Apprenticeship standard which formalises the skills needed for effective administration.
- Topics covered will include: record and document production; communication; planning and organisation; project management.
- This course is likely to be suitable for staff in Grades 3 to 5 in roles such as Administration Assistant, Clinical Trials Administration, HR Administration and Personal Assistant.
- Qualification gained: Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- This Apprenticeship can be started at any time. It will involve 10 days professional training in the classroom, monthly visits from a work-based assessor and the completion of an end-point assessment consisting of a knowledge test, portifolio-based interview, and a project/improvement presentation.
Business Administration: Level 4 Higher (24 months)
- This course is aimed at more experienced administrative staff and provides a more in-depth understanding of the advanced principles and processes involved in Business Administration.
- Topics covered will include: improvement of business performance; provision of business travel or accommodation; management information systems; communication in a business environment; management of personal and professional development; management of an administrative function; resolution of administrative problems.
- This course is likely to be suitable for staff in grades 5 to 7 in roles such as Administration Team leader, Personal or Executive Assistant, Research Administration or other administration roles with a higher level of responsibility.
- Qualification gained: OCR Level 4 NVQ Business Administration and the OCR Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration
- This qualification can be started at any time. It may involve 10 days professional training in the classroom across the year (depending on numbers), monthly visits from a work-based assessor and the completion of an NVQ portfolio of evidence. There will also be the completion of work based assignments for the diploma element.