Focusing on developing the sense of responsibility and leadership that are required to be a successful team leader or line manager, this training is ideal for those who are new to management or already have a little supervisory experience but have had no formal training.
Topics covered will include a broad range of management skills including change management; how to develop and grow your team and developing your skills in performance management and recruitment.
This Apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for staff in Grade 5 or 6 (but could include others in higher grades who are new to management) in roles that involve some or all of the following: planning work and setting team targets; giving feedback and monitoring progress towards targets; briefing teams; managing team members; solving problems and project management.
You will be able to start this apprenticeship at various points throughout the year. It will involve 10 days professional training in the classroom, monthly visits from a work-based tutor and the completion of a portfolio of evidence. Candidates will be required to complete an end point assessment.
On completion, you can choose to register as an Associate member with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support professional career development and progression
Further details here
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: Level 6 Standard (48 months)
- A Chartered Manager is someone who can take responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success, with the professional recognition of their ability to deliver impact, behave ethically and demonstrate their commitment to continual learning and development.
- Qualification gained: Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship Standard and BA (Hons) Business, Management and Communications
- This qualification has a September start date. It will involve day release training in the classroom. Candidates will be required to complete an end point assessment.
MBA Senior Leader Degree Apprenticeship: Level 7 (24 - 36 months)
- A leader is someone who has senior management responsibility, and this can include formal governance/director responsibilities. They are responsible for direction and vision, providing a clear sense of purpose and driving strategic intent. They take into account market trends and environmental influences, identifying longer-term opportunities and risks. Through inclusive leadership, they are responsible for developing ethical, innovative and supportive cultures with the ability to deliver results.
- Professional strategic leaders in the private, public or third sector and all sizes of organisation, who lead, manage and direct organisations.
- Successful apprentices will achieve a master's degree in management